Thursday, August 6, 2009

Craving.....

Honey Toast Selection from a chain Karaoke, Pasela, in Japan

Honey Toast from local resturant in Katashina, Gunma

One of the things that I coudn't enough of when i was in Japan, HONEY TOAST!!!!!! It might seem simple...but it's the most delicious thing in my culinary world! The Japanese are crazy about it and they serve it every where, including a chain Karaoke box called Pasela. They have a web page, Honey Toast Museum, devoted to Honey Toast. Although the honey toast is just a big loaf of white bread with honey and other toppings such as ice-cream, chocolate fugdge etc drizzled on top. But it is the way that they prepare it that makes it so delicious. I want to try making it at home...but my oven can't handle it....i ended up with just toast with honey...whereas with Honey Toast, it's a balance between the softness inside and crunchy outside of the bread. Ohhh just looking at it makes my mouth water!!!!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment